Welcome to Rye Bowls club – ‘The Friendly Club‘
- Our Club was formed in 1958 and has around 180 members.
- The greens were named after Con Glew the first President, Roy Thomas the first committee member and Nan Taylor 1st Ladies committee member.
- Our Club has a Board of Management and a number of sub Committees.
- We are affiliated with the Mornington Peninsula Bowls Region answering to Bowls Victoria.
- We have 4 Saturday Pennant Teams and 3 Midweek Pennant Teams in the Mornington Peninsula Bowls Region Pennant Competition.
- We play other games throughout the week, normally they are:
Monday:- Inter club triples between Sorrento and Rye
Tuesday:- Midweek Pennant Day
Wednesday:-Nominated triple’s, four’s and Club bowls
Thursday:- Social bowls and events. Barefoot Bowls 6.00 pm onward
Friday:- Usually Pennant Practice and after 4.00 pm Sippers nights with nibbles.
Saturday:- Saturday Pennant and reserves games
Sunday:- Mixed Bowling events and Club Championship games
- The Club uniform is a club shirt, white or olive green or burgundy pants or shorts, a club cap or olive or burgundy green bucket hat or white wide brimmed hat with Club hatband. Club jackets are also available at the Club. The pants and shorts can be purchased at any local lawn bowls shop, (they must have the BA logo). The club cap and bucket hat may be purchased directly through the Club.
- This Club has a free dress approach except on Major days like Pennant , Major events and Club game finals but most other Clubs you play at will require you wear an Approved Bowls uniform.
- Members are required to do certain jobs around the Club because our only paid person is the Greens Keeper.
- Also there are many jobs around the Club done by our members and if you feel you would like to be involved please contact a Board member.
- The synthetic green is usually open at 10.00am and the grass green usually open at 11.00am for practice most days of the week if no other game is going on that green at the time.
- The direction you are to bowl and greens available for practice are shown on the Green Keepers blackboard at the front of the Clubhouse. Practice mats and jacks are available in a cupboards on both the greens.
- The Fixtures Booklet contains details of all events for the season. Event sheets are available in the glass fronted display case at the front of the building. You may place your name on the sheet either as a single entrant, team entrant or as an emergency.
- Entry sheets for championship events are in the locker rooms or in the glass fronted display case at front of building. To enter, write your name on the sheet and place the entry fee in the envelope provided, write your name and the event on the envelope and place the envelope in the locked entry box.
- All members are willing to assist new bowlers and all new members so please ask for assistance if you are unsure of any of the rules or require assistance with anything.